5, 2.5 or 1 Watt
User selectable transmit power output allows longer talk time. Select 2.5 or 1
close to shore or inside the marina or 5 watts when you need to be heard or in
Submersible ( IPX7
: 3 ft for 30 min) and Rugged Construction
The HX500S is built to last with an impact resistant poly carbonate outer shell.
industry standards for water proofing of 3 feet for 30 minutes.
Be seen! This unique high intensity strobe light can be seen up to one mile
an emergency the unique, super bright LED distress strobe light blinks
recognized SOS to visually signal another vessel. This just might be that extra
advantage you need if rescue from dark and stormy seas is necessary.
A bright display and bold numbers takes the headache out of operating the HX500S
even on the brightest day.
All the information you need right at your fingertips. Customizable channel
allows you to easily change the channel name for greater ease of use and channel
Be heard! With 700 mW of audio power you will have no problem hearing this radio
even in the loudest conditions. Add additional audio with an external speaker
Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, Dual Watch and Tri
Select any of the channels you would like to scan with the press of a
Dual Watch to scan your selected channel and channel 16 simultaneously. This way
you will not miss any of the very important calls made on channel 16. Similar to
Watch, Priority Scan allows scanning of more than one channel with Channel 16.
- Submersible, IPX7 (3 ft for 30 min)
- 5, 2.5 or 1 Watt Transmit Power on Marine VHF
- Rugged Construction
- 700 mW Loud Audio
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, Dual Watch and Tri Watch
- Channel Name Capability
- Includes 1400 mAh Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery and the 120 VAC or
12 VDC 10 Hour Chargers
- Connection for Optional Speaker Microphone or Headset
- Unique High Intensity Distress Signalling Strobe Light
- Backlit Keypad and Extra Large Display
- Hands-Free Operation (VC-24 VOX Headset Required)
- NOAA Weather Alert
- Compact Size