Kenwood continues to provide new and advanced APRS ham radio equipment by
introducing the new TM-D700A mobile transceiver.
For current owners of the TH-D7A handheld with built-in TNC and APRS software, the
TM-D700A offers even more features and versatility.
The TM-D700A is unlike any other dual-band mobile radio Kenwood has ever produced. The
control head is detached and comes with remote cable for easy installation.
The new radio also incorporates a 9-pin PC connection for easy hook-up to program
frequencies and other APRS mapping programs.
Your TM-D700A is a full dual-band operation radio so VHF+ VHF / VHF + UHF /
UHF + UHF operation is
possible. Full digipeater functions allow anyone to set up a digipeater location wherever
needed to help fill in APRS nationwide network. Internet gateway operation is also
possible for world-wide text communication over VHF.
- 144/440 MHz TX operation
- 118-1.3 GHz receive with cellular + blocked
- Built-in 1200/9600 bps TNC
- SSTV functions with VC-H1
- 200 memory channels/PC programmable
- 10 memory scan bands possible
- Visual band scope for scanning activity
- DX packet cluster monitoring
- Built-in HF Sky Command operation with TH-D7A
- Grid square locator
- NMEA 0183 GPS input terminal
- Built-in CTCSS
- Built-in digital coded squelch (NEW)
- Remote control and cross-band repeater operation
- Mars modifiable with permit
- 64 character international messaging with Interet gateways
- NEW backlite alphanumeric microphone for message input
- Position (latitude/longitude) memory function
- Transmit message memory function
- Operation Manual